Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's all about perspective

You know I think I've had a bit of a revelation this morning - I've been beating myself up unnecessarily and I think my expectations have been too high. I was briefly checking out a few posts on the 2+2 forum and I read a thread about bb/100 hands and what level is sustainable. General consenus seems to be that over the long term anything over 5bb/100 hands is unsustainable.

Well I'm currently running at 16bb/100 over 5.4k hands. I downloaded a nice app called PokerPatterns that graphs my PT results. Check out my progress here http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6519/pokergraph54009pf.jpg .
So really when I've been thinking I'm on a bit of a downswing its been more that I started hot and I'm just coming back a bit towards reality :) I shudder to think what a real downswing will be like then ...

Anyway, this has lifted my confidence a lot. Maybe I'm not as much of a donk as I thought I was (waits for the flames ... lol)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home