Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A good night!

A first tonight in that I caught some great hands early. Set up the usual two tables on Stars at 5nl. About halfway through the first circuit I pick up AA, havent seen aces for a long, long time, I'd estimate about 400-500 hands. Raised strongly, flop comes something like Q73 rainbow. Bet out, get re-raised all in, I call, bad guy shows Kings. Tough break, but I've been on the losing side, so I'll take your stack thank you very much Mr Villian. Two hands later I get KK, again raise, two callers. Flop comes mid range cards but flush draw. I intend to slightly overbet pot with $1.50 but stupidly make it .15 by mistake (what a donk!). Anyway I get raised all in again, despite me fearing losing my new found stack right back to AA, I call ... bad guy shows JJ and my Kings hold up. Suddenly I've tripled up and win over two buyins.

I win a couple of smaller pots on my other table but I don't feel like I'm concentrating tonight ... so I bail out. Seemed a shame as I was running hot - but I played disciplined, recognised I wasn't going to play my best poker and took the easy profit. It's been a while between seeing AA and KK so it was nice to take some stacks for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home