Saturday, April 01, 2006

April Begins ...

Well this post was going to be about how to identify a downswing vs just playing poorly. I had a pretty flat last week of March, nothing really to write about. But after 2,300 hands of 5nl I was still showing a slight loss. This in contrast to 3,000 hands at 2nl where I was up about $30. So I was starting to question whether this was just the inevitable slower patch or whether I really was making poor decisions. Looking at results I know isn't the best way to judge - I'm going to try and increase the number of hand histories I'm posting on FTR to continue to evaluate the way I'm playing.

Anyway enough of that for the moment becuase April began with a bang, tripling my money on a 5nl table with a series of good hands. For a change not jusy good hands but the betting gave me good pot odds to try and improve and improve I did. Won nicely from the big blind, hitting a boat eights full of deuces. Also made the nut flush and raised a guy holding K high flush, he called.

It's nice to have a good session after a bit of frustration of late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home