Sunday, March 19, 2006

Better News at Last

Much better day today ... managed two 90 min sessions of 5nl ring and finished up over two buyins for the day. Played pretty tight ... usually do, but was feeling comfortable with position assessment ... threw away hands like A8s under the gun really easily. Did have AK busted fairly heavily once ... this guy played me well, flop was rags so I had to lead out with a bet after his check. He called, then bet about 15-20c on turn and river. I had nothing but he was a loose sort of player, and had been making these bets all night, so he could easily have been buiding the pot on a draw, and with the pot around $1.50 on the river it seemed that 20c was worth seeing. Turns out he had pocket sixes so the board was worthless to us both but he took it down.

On the positive side though I hit some nice two pair hands that either stood up or I didn't have to show down ... and a really nice JJ hand that had rags board, bet out strongly, one caller, J on turn. I bet half the pot ... there was a flush draw out there so I didn't want to check-raise, but he raised all in. Thought about it for a while and couldn't see another hand out there that could beat me other than the possible river flush so I called. Rag on the river and it turned out he had pocket fives for a lower set than mine, very happy that pulled in a $12 pot right there.

So the BR looks a lot better now and hopefully that has snapped the downward trend for a while. Avoided any total donkey calls tonight so thats always a positive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home