Friday, March 24, 2006

Ahhh the frustration!

My biggest leak at the moment is playing really loose aggressive players after the flop. Got absolutely smashed tonight, only played about 30 to 40 hands and lost a buyin and a half during that time ... only on tow or three hands. I'm going to post them in the hand histories section of the forum shortly then walk away ... feeling extremely tilty at the moment so I was pleased I could just walk away from the game instead of throwing more money down. That's the benefit of having good BR rules I guess ... I never play more than 10% of my BR on any one given day. Since I'd already laid down $11 rebuying for another $5 would have broken the limit so I quit for the night. I might squeeze in a $1 SnG on UB later if I feel calm enough, that would still be within the limit.

Anyway I'm really losing to the loose guys who are playing with any junk. Problem is when I run into those sort of players I find it hard to laydown, becuase everytime I get a decent hand and bet out post flop, they make massive raises on the flop or turn that just look like (and often are) big bluffs. Or if not bluffs - they just bet out with any hand, like top pair, and think people will either fold or their hand will hold up. I sit there and think I've waited 50 hands for a hand to play, I've already got $2 in the pot, they raise me all-in, so I have to put my entire stack in to call. Becuase I know they are so loose I tend to call it becuase I think there's often an even chance or better I have the better hand. Often though I seem to pick the time to call when they actually have a hand and I get destacked.

I don't have enough experience yet to know whether I am making the right play, or whether I should lay down the hand. I feel that if I wait for the nuts I could be waiting hundreds of hands, plus missing many profitable calls against reckless players. Against a rock I'd lay down the hand, but against a guy with a VP$IP of 82% I figure he could be playing anything. If I always fold to aggression then I may as well not be playing at all.

Guess the game wasn't meant to be easy. Not quite sure where to go on this issue though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home