Saturday, March 18, 2006

Mixed Results

Another negative night of ring play. Again got into situations where everytime I made a hand the betting made it clear I was holding second best. Made a set of nines only for the turn card to make an open ended straight on board - I bet out strongly but had to fold to a re-raise, there was just too many ways I could have been beaten. Then later I pick up AA in what seems like the first time in ages, only to have everyone fold to me and I win 10c. At least I felt I made the right decisions this session, even if the cards didn't fall my way, and as they say, thats all you can do. It's not not to be "results focused" - I lost another $2 on the night, but I feel I made the right plays so that should be a positive session.

Later I came back and tried a $1+.10 SnG. Finally I got a good break, my stack was getting low relative to the blinds and I ended up all in with AT clubs. Was called by the big stack with AQo but I hit my three clubs for the nut flush. That gave me enough of a stack to stay patient and wait for the good hands. For a change it was a really pleasant table with one US guy and one Canadian being very chatty in particular. We had a great time and eventually I ended heads up against the US guy who had been the chip leader the whole way. I took the lead being aggressive, raising 80% of pots, sometimes with nothing at all, and he folded a lot which allowed me to take a slight chip lead. Eventually I raised with QTo, hit the Q on the flop for TP, and he went all in with AK. I called, hit another Q on the turn and won the tourney. A very nice feeling after such a poor run in ring games of late ... hopefully I've turned the corner and will start to rebuild my bankroll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home