Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finding the Right Method

One of this things that is frustrating me most at the moment is finding the right method or approach to learning the game. There is a wealth of information out there ... great blogs, poker sites, and of course some excellent books like Harrington on Hold'Em and Theory of Poker etc. I'm reveiwing them all and trying to play at least 100 hands of Ring a day ... but at the moment it's kida like drinking from a fire hose, and while all this torrent of information flows by, I'm finding it really hard to find the best method to actually absorb and implement all this knowledge into my game.

To some extent I think its actually adversely affecting my results at the moment (oops not supposed to be results oriented! lol) in that I'm broadly aware of a lot of concepts but I don't think I'm applying them correctly yet. I read somewhere that this a dangerous period for learning players - you have all these concepts floating around in your head but you tend to misapply them.

I've asked around in a few places, notably FTR beginner forum, but no-one seems to have a real answer. You hear everything from play more, to play less and study more. Obviously everyone's learning style is different so clearly there is no one single solution. Still it would be great to find some winning players and hear how they learnt, then test out that method to see if it suits me. I feel a bit stagnant at the moment poker wise ... I've reached a level where I understand most of the language but I don't know how to take the next step.

2 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger Scratch said...

Wow, you're up to $125, that's over double your initial investment isn't it? See you at the world champs! (not being sarcastic ;)

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Buzz said...

I wish it were so Scratch ... But I started with $100 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home