Friday, April 14, 2006

Update

Hmmm well it's been a while since I posted. Kinda lost the intial enthusiasm I guess. Bit disappointed, I feel like I'm not really putting much into to learning at the moment, just pretty much playing 100 hands a night at 5nl. Still, I'm generating valuable experience, and I do feel I am improving at making good laydowns where there is a high chance I am beat, especially when I get re-raised holding two pair on a draw heay or overcard board.

That said, I've been on a good run lately, and the BR has been increasing steadily. I've been getting some good starting cards, playing them strongly, and they've been holding up, which is always nice :) Also I feel that with experience I've been able to play slightly more aggressively postflop, yet still let the hand go if I run into serious resistance.

Also I have taken Staresy's advice and launched into $5+.50 SnG's on UB. Played three so far for two fifths and a third. I feel comfortable with the playing standard, but mentally I am still a bit conscious of the buyin, I guess that just takes a bit of getting used to. But I almost put in for a $1 SnG the other day and that just seemed a waste of time, so maybe I am adjusting better than I thought.

Current goal ... get BR to $200, and then sample the delights of 10nl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home