Sunday, January 14, 2007

Evaluation Time

Well today is the last day of the holidays for me, back to work tomorrow. That will probably see a bit of a reduction in the amount I will be able to play, but hopefully I'll still manage some good sessions in the evenings. I've played pretty solidly over the last two weeks, and I think I've strenghtened my game in two key areas. One is having a proper system for six-max starting hands, as mentioned in a previous entry. The other is a point that Rob sent to me via an e-mail article I really liked, focusing on "Raise or Fold ... there is no Call" (sounds a bit like Yoda). I've tried to apply this philosophy in my last few sessions and results aside, I feel like I am playing a much stronger game. Results have actually been good - really good yesterday, I think yesterday was my best single day playing cash games. That aside though, I've been looking at spots where I am facing a raise and consciously deciding whether I want to play the hand. If I decide yes, I'm re-raising most of the time. What this has done has made me throw away marginal hands more often, but if I decide to go, I play it with more strength. While I'll have to modify to suit opponents, overall I think its been a great addition and I'm going to try and refine this aspect of my play.

In terms of results, despite a few bad sessions the last two weeks has seen me increase the BR about 15%, so pretty happy there. Nice to have a decent run after about 5k hands of going backwards or staying even. This morning would have been a small win too but for a guy that rivered a five high straight flush on me!

1 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger UrBluffingMe said...

Nice job on the +15%. IT sucks bad when you seem to play and play and play and more or less spin your wheels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home