Saturday, July 29, 2006

1/2nl is Goooood :)

Well back from Melbourne and a fairly successful trip it was to the Crown. Almost tripled up, turning $120 into $330 after 4 hours of play. Early on it was a struggle, getting zero cards and just folding a lot of hands. In retrospect this was probably a bonus, as the action was a little frenzied early. Finally picked up 55 in the SB, flopped a set, but had to lay it down on the turn after a re-raise on a connected board. Turned out to be the right move as the guy showed down a straight made on the turn.

Later though I finally hit a run of cards, kaing a K high flush on the button, then hitting a full house out of the blinds with J9 suited. Basically the table was loose enough that I just had to wait for a hand and get paid. I started to loosen up a bit once I had a stack behind me, but really it just wasnt necessary. Still amazes me how many people would call me down even though I'd played like a rock for the last hour ... nut peddling was extremely profitable.

The other big bonus was just gaining the sense of confidence that I could play and win live. I wasn't real good at reading people, but I'm sure that will come with practice. All in all a very enjoyable and successful experience, can't wait for the next opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home