Sunday, January 07, 2007

I'm Back!

Can't quite believe it'a been a six month hiatus ...time flies as they say. Happy new year and all that, perhaps its the turn of the year that has inspired me to get back onto updating the blog.

Poker wise I hadn't been playing as frequently in the last few months of the year. We are planning to extend the house so that has been taking up a fair bit of attention. But we signed the contract yesterday and with work likely to start in Februrary, January looks like a good time to play some cards.

I had sort of intended to spend Jan playing SnG's for a change of pace ... until I realised that I only have until mid-Feb to clear a $100 bonus on FTP. So I've been two tabling 25nl pretty hard this week - and only broken about even. I seem to get up around two buyins after a few sessions then come crashing back with one or two bad hands. Today was a classic example, make top two pair with AK, however the turn K makes my opponent the straight after he calls my pre-flop raise withQcTc, then calls my flop re-raise with the gutshot draw, which he hits.

Which leads to another issue - quitting while ahead. Had quite a few sessions in the last few days where I have got up a buyin or more against weak opponents. Conventional wisdom seems to be when you're running good stay at the tables, but on several occasions I've instantly gone cold and bled most of the profit off. Rob tells me in bankroll building mode there's nothing wrong with the hit and run, but that doesnt help clearing the bonus, which at the moment is primary goal.

Anyway its good to be back and I will make a concerted effort to keep writing in 2007.

1 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Scratch said...

You update less than me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home