Friday, January 12, 2007

Having a System

Good news in that most of the loss incurred in the last 24 hours has been recovered today, with a couple of solid sessions :)

One thing I think that has strengthened my 6-max cash play is having a definite system of starting hands. Previously I focused on trying to play aggressively in position, but I think at times I overdid it, which meant I picked up a lot of small pots but lost some big ones which tended to outweigh the small gains. Now I am using a chart that Chipp posted over at Plus One, and its been very useful in providing a solid discipline. While I think I was following this intuitively about 80%-85% anyway, its picking up that last ten to fifteen percent I think that is making all the difference. My VPIP has stablised around 23%, and combined with aggressive play so far I am feeling very comfortable overall, able to get away from shows of resistance yet push my advantage when I have it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home