Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tilt ...so bad.

Man I am on tilt. So bad.

Just got home from a home game I was invited too. $20 SnG effectively ... not huge stakes, but hey, since I've decided to make poker semi-more than just recreation, I take any opportunity I get, and was looking forward to playing live again. I looked at the structure and it was 2000 chips with starting blinds 5-10, so I pretty much decided I would get aggressive early and see if I could pick up the early dead money. Normally I sit back in these things and wait for hands but tonight I figured I could outplay people.

Well it all went completely according to plan for the first four or five levels. I raised some pots early, took em down. Then in the second level I look down at KQo OTB, I raise it up, ends up HU with the SB, flop comes KQx two hearts, I go to valuetown all the way to the river, and the opp calls me all the way with Jh9h. Happy days.

Anyway I build up a solid chiplead and eventually it gets down to 3 players top 2 play. I then proceed to get sucked out on 5 times in a row. I've been stealing blinds plenty, play is pretty passive, when finally I get JJ OTB. Raise, call from SB. Flop is Q x x, There is 1600 in the pot already and villian has 1000 left, so I put him all in, he calls and shows Q4 o. Yep nice call of the raise there pal.

The other player, who was solid and knew what he was doing, also got sucked out on .... all in AQs called by A7o, of course the 7 flops. In the SB I call his OTB jam with Ad2d ... he shows KTo,of course the turn is the T.

Finally I get it all in on a with A6 on a rags flop, I have a read on this guy I know he hasnt hit the baord which is paired. I jam for about 75% of his stack, he calls with AJo, hasnt hit the board in any way whatsover, and I'm drawing to the 6, the turn is a Q which means the pot is chopped if the river is any card higher than a 5 (6 I take it down) .... river is a deuce.

I have never played a game live where I have felt so in control and walked away with nothing. Yep, I know this is poker but right now I'm feeling totally tilty, it sucks big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home