Sunday, March 04, 2007

Quiet Week

Not much happening poker wise for me this week as I was away for work for most of it. Only item of note was jumping into a $1 MTT on Stars when I was tired on Friday night - felt like playing but I knew I wasnt focused enough to play A game so I just thought hell, for a dollar I'll get some play and have some fun for a hour before I bust out. 639 started.

Three and a half hours later I bust in 26th ... for the grand total of $2.82 ... lol. Kinda furstrating actually because I got so close to where the money would have been a great return on $1. Still I was lucky to get that far, I had junk almost all night and there were a heap of calling stations, so I couldnt see the opportunity to steal any blinds or pick up small pots. Hence I was short stacked most of the time. Where I got lucky was when it was just into the money and I think I open jammed with QQ UTG with an M of about 4.5, hoping to represent a wide range of starting hands. Got called by the chipleader in the SB who showed AA! I got lucky though and flopped the Q to double up. Amazingly though the villian in my hand got all in again next hand, this time three way, and again showed AA ...this time it held up and he regained all his chips plus more.

I eventually went out with 88, got called with KQo and of course the K came on the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home