Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a diiference a day makes

Have to laugh ... as I think I mentioned before, while the house renovations have been going on I've taken a bit of a break from NL cash and am playing mostly HORSE SnG's for fun and a bit of variety.

Friday I could do no wrong, following my 2nd in the 180 man NLHE, I played in 3 $6.50 HORSE Sng's for 1st, 1st and 2nd. Cards were falling, bluffs were working, it was all happening.

Tonight - 3 more HORSE SnG's for 7th, 4th and 4th. Gotta hate to bubble in anything but these were frustrating due to the softness of the field. I got crippled in the seventh finish in the Razz stage, I raise on third street with 2 3 / 4. Two callers with a K and a J showing. I hit a 6 next and the others both hit paint - and they are raising! I think I am cleaning up here but of course I get Q Q J and lose to a Ten high.

I think these SnG's are seriously good value. The biggest trap I sometimes fall into is playing too many hands - essentially you need only one good hand in the first circuit and you can pretty much assume you'll do no worse than fourth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home