Monday, July 16, 2007

Things I Am Not Good At - Reads and Betting Patterns

Just completed an interesting session - only 70 minutes long, but full of action. Results - fantastic - but, I'm not really happy.

I ended up just over two buyins, which was my most successful 50nl 6-max session since I made the permanent move up about two weeks ago. But I got really lucky early - QQ over AA, all-in pre, flopped the Q. Also made a nice flush and got some value for it, but could have left some on the table since he seemed willing to call down with top 2 on a T 9 x 8 8 board.

But the frustrating thing is when I sit down and look back at the session, I realise just how little thought I am putting into it other than my cards. I am not good yet at putting people on hands and reading betting patterns. I'm more aware of it now and I try to keep focus on what is happening at the table. However since I've been improving my table selection, a lot of my opps have been very loose. So far, thats been great for my bottom line (although I know there will be swings!) but its making it really hard to try to pick up any patterns.

Looking at HH later I am trying to put myself in my opps shoes - but in the 15 secs I have online I'm still thinking more about my play and not about what they are thinking. I really need to improve on this - as usual I am feeling a little frustrated becuase I cant seem to find a good method to practise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home